Monday 23 January 2012

Difficult to Work

My light duties today involved cleaning the inside of trucks. A task I hate doing, I can't even clean my own car. What makes this task worse is that the only equipment I've been given to clean the cab is blue roll and cockpit shine. No brush, no D10 (which ran out) and no whatever else is needed to clean a cab.



As there is very little equipment, plus the fact I hate cleaning vehicles (which are mostly clean anyway), I find it very difficult to get motivated to do the task.
If you've ever suffered with depression you will know that it is incredibly difficult to gather the motivation together to do the simplest of jobs. I have a very short attention span, and if it doesn't interest me there is very little hope of me sticking at it for long. Couple my attention span with my current diagnosis the want for me to sit in a truck and clean it is pretty non-existent.

I need something to challenge me, to interest me and to use my brain so I am not left staring into space. Hopefully tomorrow I will be out on the road and making deliveries, doing physical work that will keep me occupied and take my mind off my situation, temporarily at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment